The winners of the 16th zdi robot competition have been chosen
Under the motto of this year's zdi robot competition “RE•use RE•duce RE•cycle – make new from old” more than 1.000 students faced the challenges of the modern world in a total of 24 local and regional competitions recycling and circular economy. On Saturday, June 11th, the teams could compete against each other with their robots.
The finalists were primarily teams that had come together in schools. However, it is not absolutely necessary to organize the teams via schools: Another possibility for getting together in teams is also offered by the MINT Community NRW Platform.
Young people with a passion for robotics
A total of 18 teams competed against each other in the finals in the categories of robot game and robot performance in the primary school and secondary school age groups. In addition to the competition, the focus was above all on working together: “I am impressed by the dynamics of this competition day! So many young people in one place who are passionate about robotics. It was also nice to see how team spirit, creativity and STEM flow together. A great thing for the promotion of our MINT young talents,” said Georg Mertens from the Ministry of Culture and Science of North Rhine-Westphalia, which has been organizing the competition since 2006.
The four winning teams take home the coveted robot trophy of the joint offensive for the future through Innovation.NRW (zdi.NRW). In addition, the winners will receive prize money of 500 euros, which they can use for other MINT activities. The second and third placed teams will receive 400 and 300 euros respectively.
It remains to be seen which exciting projects can be implemented with the prize money or whether the money will flow directly into the development of new ideas for the next zdi robot competition. One thing is certain: the conclusion to the zdi robot competition 2022 is consistently positive. Above all, the enthusiasm about being able to hold face-to-face events again was great. Therefore, there is no question that there will be another zdi robot competition in 2023. Don't want to miss this event? Do you have any suggestions as to what challenges robots could face in the coming year? Or would you like to be part of the competition yourself, set up a team or organize a regional competition? the zdi community happy to support you!
Results zdi robot competition 2022
Robot game elementary schools
- Team "Eight-Galen-Bots", Von-Galen-School Oeding, Südlohn-Oeding
- "RoKis Rot" team, Gilbach School, Rommerskirchen
- Team “The Cool Robogamers”, Westerloh Lippling Elementary School, Delbrück
Robot Game Secondary Schools
- "Robogang" team, Albert-Schweitzer-Geschwister-Scholl-Gymnasium, Marl
- Team "abbeyRobots I", Gymnasium St. Michael, Paderborn
- "Lego-Stein-Heim1" team, Steinheim secondary school, Steinheim
- Team "3,2,1 - minds!", private grammar schools Schloss Buldern, Dülmen
- “CastleRobotix1” team, Burggymnasium, Essen
- Team "J.-K.-Robots", Janusz-Korczak-Realschule Schwalmtal, Schwalmtal
- Team "Frobots2", Franz-Stock-Gymnasium, Arnsberg
- Team "LEGO Creators", High School of the City of Meschede, Meschede
- “CoJoRobos” team, Collegium Josephinum, Bonn
- Team "Saint Joe's Garage - Dohmen Allstars", Archbishop. Sankt Josef School, Bad Honnef
Robot performance elementary schools
- "Burgstürmer1" team, Ottenstein Castle School, Ottenstein
- Team "Robot-A-nier", GGS Siegtal, Hennef
- "Burgstürmer2" team, Ottenstein Castle School, Ottenstein
Robot performance secondary schools
- Team "Grembots", Gymnasium Rheinkamp, Moers
- "AVGRobots" team, Andreas-Vesalius-Gymnasium, Wesel
All reports on this and past zdi robot competitions are available here.